Coronavirus updates for UCOP employees
UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Implementation and Tracking
UCOP requires employees, contractors, vendors and visitors to comply with the systemwide UC COVID-19 Vaccination policy, including the booster mandate.
- Vaccine requirements
- Compliance and UCOP facility access
- COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker – Employees
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation – Contractors, Vendors and Visitors
The UC COVID-19 Vaccination policy, including the booster mandate, requires all UC employees to be fully vaccinated prior to entering a UC facility. As detailed in the policy, employees may request an exception to the COVID-19 vaccine requirement based on a medical exemption, disability exception, pregnancy deferral or religious objection. If approved, the exception or deferral applies to boosters, as appropriate.
- Original vaccination series: To be in compliance with the policy, UCOP employees were required to provide proof of vaccination or submit a request for an exception or deferral by September 1, 2021. If you are a new employee, you must provide proof of vaccination or submit a request for an exception or deferral within 14 days of your first date of employment.
- Booster mandate: Per the UCOP booster mandate, UCOP employees eligible for a booster vaccination should have obtained one by January 31, 2022. If you were eligible for a booster on or before January 31, you should have entered your booster information and uploaded proof in the vaccine tracker by March 15, 2022.
Employees who are eligible after January 31, 2022 (due to timing of original vaccine dose(s)) must get a booster shot within 30 days of eligibility, which is five months after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna and two months after the Johnson & Johnson dose.
If you have not either provided proof of your original vaccination series or submitted a request for exception or deferral, you will not be permitted access to UCOP facilities and your building access badge will be deactivated until you are in compliance.
UCOP will continue to follow Appendix E: Employee Compliance in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination policy, which includes discipline, up to and including termination.
To provide your booster information and upload your proof, do the following:
Make sure you have the dates you received your booster(s) and your Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vaccination card handy (or foreign equivalent for those that received their vaccinations abroad – See the COVID-19 vaccination policy FAQs for more information).
Enter vaccine information and upload proof
Use Chrome or Firefox browsers to go to the UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker and enter your vaccine information and upload documentation of proof as follows:
- I’m a new employee
- You have 14 days from your date of hire to submit proof of vaccination, including boosters or request an exception or deferral.
- You will need to submit an entry for your original vaccination series and an entry for each booster.
- Note: Your Duo single sign-on authentication must be established to access the tracker.
- To request an exception or pregnancy deferral, select I am requesting an exception or deferral and follow the instructions to complete the tracker.
- I’m an employee and need to provide my booster information
- Select the I am reporting a booster button and follow the instructions to complete the tracker and upload proof.
- If you entered your booster information prior to March 1, you will need to re-enter your information or your information will not be tracked correctly.
Request for an exception or deferral
- Once your request is submitted, it will automatically be sent for processing to Sedgwick Claims Management.
- Sedgwick will respond to your exception or deferral request and provide you with status updates.
- Those with approved exceptions or deferrals (or a pending request for one) will be required to observe non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs), including wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distancing while on-site, and participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
- More information about the exceptions or deferral process is available on the UCOP Human Resources COVID-19 Vaccine Exception Request Process page.
About the online tracker
UCOP has partnered with Sedgwick Claims Management to collect vaccination status and process exception or deferral requests through an online tool. UC has worked with Sedgwick for more than 30 years and Sedgwick will provide this service in collaboration with the Office of the President Risk Services and with UCOP Human Resources. Information provided through this tool will be kept confidential and only accessed for program-related purposes.
To attest regarding your vaccine status, do the following:
Contractors, vendors and visitors are required to be vaccinated and boosted to work on-site in a UCOP facility, so please make sure you are in compliance.
- You will be asked in UCOP Screen or UCDC Screen to attest you are fully vaccinated and boosted
- You do not enter information or upload your vaccine card to the tracker