Labor Compliance Program
The purpose of the Labor Compliance Program is to implement the Regents' policy relative to the labor compliance requirements for state funded public works contracts.
This program is applicable to all construction contracts for public works projects awarded by the University on or after January 1, 2012, using funds derived from a bond issued by the State of California and that are not otherwise administered by the Department of Industrial Relations’ Compliance Monitoring Unit.
This labor compliance program contains the labor compliance standards required by state laws, regulations, and directives, as well as University policies and contract provisions, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Payment of applicable general prevailing wage rates.
- Employment of properly registered apprentices.
- Providing certified payroll records upon request but not less than monthly.
- Monitoring University construction sites to verify proper payment of prevailing wage rates and work classification.
- Conducting pre-job conferences with contractors/subcontractors.
- Withholding contract payments and imposing penalties for noncompliance.
- Applicable reports to the California Labor Commissioner.
- Preparation and submittal of an Annual Report to the Department of Industrial Relations.