Cloud Services at UC
SalesForce.com is a cloud computing and social enterprise software-as-a-service provider. It started as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software in the cloud, and then expanded to many other customer-oriented, social applications. All SalesForce products are covered in this agreement.
Sensitive data guidance
|Data Type||Data Use Guidance||Comments|
|Credit Card (PCI-DSS)||Not Permitted||Not acceptable for PCI-DSS data.|
|Export Control||Consult||Must use AWS GovCloud. Consult with data proprietor UC location office of research.|
|Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) subject to HIPAA||Consult||Signed HIPAA Business Associate Agreement is in place, consult with data proprietor and appropriate UC location (e.g. privacy official, information security, compliance officer).|
|Human Subject Research||Consult||Consult with data proprietor and UC location office of research.|
|Intellectual Property||Consult||Consult with data proprietor and appropriate UC location authority (e.g. tech transfer, office of research, campus counsel).|
|IT Security Information
(e.g. administrative passwords, network diagrams)
|Permitted||When appropriately configured.|
|Other Sensitive Institutional Info
(e.g. Fundraising, Attorney/Client Privileges)
|Consult||Consult with data proprietor and appropriate UC location authority (e.g. privacy official, development office, campus counsel, information security officer).|
|Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Tied to state notification breach laws, Login credentials. SSN. Driver's license
|Consult||When appropriately configured; consult with appropriate UC location authority (e.g. privacy official, risk officer, campus counsel, information security officer).|
AnimalGeneral (non-Humanoid Subject Research)
|Permitted||Consult with data proprietor and UC location office of research.|
|Student Education Records (FERPA)||Permitted||Excluding student health records. Consult with data proprietor and UC location authority.|
UC location responsibilities
- Ensure the number of accounts provisioned match the number ordered (e.g. seat based licenses).
- Individual users are on a named user basis. Accounts cannot be shared.
- Accounts can be reassigned.
- SalesForce allows integration of third party marketplace applications. Those applications are not covered by the terms of the UC Salesforce agreement and require separate agreements that manage their specific risks.
- Use the ordering document that is contained in the UC Systemwide contract.
- Available 24/7.
- Will give minimum 8 hours notice for planned downtime.
- Data will not be stored outside the US. If SalesForce decides to change that, SalesForce will provide 30 days notice.
- SalesForce will notify the customer of a data breach within 48 hours.
- SalesForce may only use your data to provide the service.
- HIPAA Business Associate Agreement is in place.
Procurement Services contacts
View a ist of contacts for each campus.
- Payable annually in advance.
- Educational pricing has been pre-negotiated.
- Consult with the SalesForce representative for current pricing based on your implementation. Contact email@example.com
Link to contract
UC location links and contacts for this service
Visit the website or contact the individuals below for more information about this service at your location.
|UC Santa Cruzfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UC Santa Barbaraemail@example.com|
|UC San Diego||Cloud and Web Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|UC San Francisco||ITS Help Desk: 415-514-4100||https://it.ucsf.edu/about/teams/salesforce-ucsf|
|UC Office of the President||IT Service Hub: ServiceDesk@ucop.edu||https://ucop.service-now.com/|
|Lawrence Berkeley National Labs||IT Help Desk: 510-486-4357||http://help.lbl.gov|
|Division of Ag & Natural Resourcesemail@example.com|