Cloud Services at UC
Cloud services work group
Purpose, membership and contact information
The Cloud Services Work Group, which consists of thirteen members from locations across the UC system, is charged with sourcing cloud services contracts for all campuses to use.
The Cloud Services Work Group is responsible for effectively establishing UC contracts for cloud services identified as a priority interest as well as implementing these contracts across the system.
Contracts may be developed through UC participation in higher education consortia (e.g. Internet2 Net+, CENIC, etc.), through internal UC-specific negotiations, or a combination of both. Contracts will appropriately reflect and align with UC policy and UC campus/medical center needs as expressed via the Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC).
Strategic objectives for the group include:
- Develop ongoing collaboration between ITLC, Procurement and campus stakeholders across technologies.
- Define a system-wide cloud strategy that addresses the needs of campuses and supports the mission of the University of California
- Develop strategic relationships with service providers of cloud technology and solutions with capabilities that best meet the needs of the UC system.
- Implement cloud initiatives in a consistent and coordinated manner that protects the privacy and security of information and provides risk mitigation strategies across the UC system.
- Identify effective communication channels and develop strategies to ensure successful implementation and utilization of contracts and ongoing management of supplier performance.
- Utilize workgroup solutions to drive down Total Cost of Ownership and promote new revenue opportunities through effective sourcing, contract management and supply chain solutions.
Work group members
- Co-Chair: Dianne Yoder (Procurement, UC Office of the President)
- Co-Chair: Gabe Youtsey (CIO, UC Division of Agriculture & Natural Resources)
- Gabe Edwards (IT/TAS, UC Merced)
- David Willson (IT/TAS, UC Berkeley)
- Thomas Trappler (IT Strategic Sourcing, UC Office of the President)
- Brett Pollak (IT, UC San Diego)
- Isaac Straley (IT Security, UC Irvine)
- Kathleen Quenneville (Legal, UC Office of the President)
- John Arbolino (IT/TAS, UCSF/UC Berkeley)
- Gary Leonard (Risk Management, UC Office of the President)
- Stephen Lau (IT policy, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Marti Arvin UCOP Office of Ethics, Compliance and Audit Services system-wide HIPAA liaison