Anti-Racism Task Force
UCOP is committed to being consistently fair, equitable and anti-racist in its behaviors, policies, practices and structures.
The Task Force will facilitate discussions with employees in all divisions, at all locations, and at all organizational levels to solicit their perspectives. The Task Force will examine existing data, including employee engagement survey results, pay equity studies and promotions data; utilize survey and other tools to elicit additional data and for employee feedback; and review existing policies and procedures. Additional lines of inquiry may be included as needed.
The Task Force co-chairs will provide preliminary findings to President Napolitano by July 31, and a final report with recommendations to the new UC President by November 30, 2020.
- June 30 – Announcement in Link of Task Force charge and nomination process
- June 29 – President Napolitano’s final Town Hall; announcement of charge and process
Task Force Members
A Core Planning Team supports the work of the task force:
- Yvette Gullatt, Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Affairs and Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (co-chair)
- Cheryl Lloyd, Interim Vice President Systemwide Human Resources – COO Division and Associate Vice President &Chief Risk Officer – CFO Division (co-chair)
- Mahsa Ashabi, Title IX Analyst
- Tuanh Do, Executive Director and Deputy to the Vice President/Vice Provost, Graduate, Undergraduate and Equity Affairs
- Sameer Farooq, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
- Davontae Foxx-Drew, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
- Francesca Galarraga, Organizational Consultant, Office of the President Culture, Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion
- Marie-Ann Hairston, Director, Systemwide Employee Relations
- Michaela James, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
- Aafia Ali Khan, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow