POLICY TO ENSURE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
IN UNIVERSITY BUSINESS CONTRACTING
Issued by the Office of the President
January 1, 1996
- It is the policy of The Regents of the University of California that race,
religion, sex, color, ethnicity, and national origin will not be used as criteria
in its business contracting practices, except as provided in Section B. below.
Every effort will be made to ensure that all persons regardless of race, religion,
sex, color, ethnicity, and national origin have equal access to contracts
and other business opportunities with the University.
- Nothing in this policy shall prohibit any action that is necessary to comply
with State and federal law, or to maintain eligibility for any federal or
State funded program, where ineligibility would result in a loss of funds
to the University. Examples of program elements that may be required are:
- Establishment of annual goals for use of small, disadvantaged, women-owned,
and disabled veteran business enterprises.
- Appropriate record-keeping and preparation of annual statistical reports
on the participation of small, disadvantaged, women-owned, and disabled
veteran business enterprises, as suppliers, general contractors, and subcontractors
- The University will establish effective outreach programs to assure equal
opportunity in business contracting.