Aligned with the University of California’s mission and commitment to education, UC Online Education supports campus and systemwide initiatives that focus on meaningful uses of technology in order to expand student access to high quality online learning.
In order to meet this commitment, UCOE will:
- Support the UC Provost in leading systemwide initiatives to expand and facilitate student access to courses and services across the UC campuses;
- Partner with schools, departments, and campuses as they plan and implement online certificate or degree programs;
- Develop and host online courses in association with faculty, departments and schools;
- Provide support services to enhance the student experience and online learning; and
- Identify, develop, and share best practices, engage in assessment, analyze and disseminate research, and provide expertise on pedagogy in online learning environments.