About UC Health
UC Health provides leadership and strategic direction for UC’s five academic medical centers and 18 health professional schools. UC Health’s central office supports operational initiatives at individual campuses and development of systemwide initiatives, promoting collaboration among the university’s health professional schools and providing oversight on the business and financial activities of the clinical enterprise.
UC Health activities include:
- Supporting, advocating for and facilitating collaboration among the university's health professional schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, public health and veterinary medicine.
- Overseeing and coordinating the business and financial activities of the clinical enterprise.
- Working as UC Health on initiatives that improve health and wellness and that positively impact quality, cost and access to health care.
- Enhancing the ability of UC Health to analyze and advance health care policy.
UC Health measures success by:
- The ability of the UC Health entities to improve health.
- The development of systemwide initiatives that leverage the strengths of the individual campuses.
- The continued ability of the medical centers to support the academic mission of UC Health.