Sustainability awards and rankings
In FY 2015-16, UC campuses and projects received over 30 awards for sustainability efforts, and UC campuses were ranked as leaders in sustainability by a wide range of organizations and publications.
Download the full list of 2016–17 UC campus rankings, ratings, and awards (pdf) .
Highlights from 2016–17:
- UC Davis ranked #1 among more than 500 universities in the GreenMetric Global Ranking conducted by the University of Indonesia.
- UC Irvine's power to gas hydrogen pipeline injection project, the first in the United States, helped secure it's top 10 position in the Sierra Club's Cool School rankings for the eighth consecutive year. UC Santa Cruz and UC Merced were also recognized.
- UC San Diego won the first National Freezer Challenge
- UCLA and UC Irvine both retired the last of their diesel buses and coverted the entirety of their bus fleet to run on electricity and clean fuel
- UC San Francisco's Matthew State Lab was the first laboratory to achieve a LivingGreen Lab Platinum level certification