Undergraduate Admissions is part of the Student Affairs division, and serves the university in the following capacities:
- Advise the President, Academic Senate, The Regents, and senior UC management in developing policies, programs, and advocacy positions to ensure and advance student access and success.
- Serve as the public interface between the people of California and the university to promote student access to, and success at, UC.
- Support the ten UC campuses in enrolling and maintaining a student body that reflects the unique character and goals of each campus while ensuring equity and consistency across the system.
- Promote student welfare and serve as a locus for student representation and communication with the president and the regents.
- Design and deliver services for all ten campuses when a universitywide approach is either required by policy or provides cost effectiveness.