skip to content
Community & media outreach
- President Yudof has held editorial board meetings and provided press briefings on the budget situation to the higher education press corps.
- A number of newspaper op-eds, including by Regents Blum and Gould and President Yudof, have appeared on issues related to UC funding.
- President Yudof has developed a social media presence on Facebook and Twitter to extend the UC message to more constituencies.
UC community outreach
- The campuses have sponsored alumni, faculty, student and staff advocacy eventslocally to build support for UC and make higher education a priority.
- Regents Blum, Gould, and Lansing, along with President Yudof, sent an e-mail letter to 1 million UC alumni encouraging them to become more active in building legislative and financial support for UC.
- Academic Senate faculty received a letter from President Yudof outlining the urgency of the state budget situation and providing information by which to contact their elected representatives about it.
- President Yudof has issued a series of videos and written communications to employees to keep them apprised of budget developments.
- Chancellors have held campus town halls and developed a variety of other mechanisms for keeping campus constituencies informed.
- Students have been kept informed about decisions around student fees and the underlying fiscal challenges necessitating them.
- The Office of the President re-engineered its Budget News website to provide timely information to employees, friends, and advocates -- and all campuses have developed similar sites rich with local, campus-specific content.
Extended community outreach
- President Yudof has worked with a variety of trade groups and associations statewide to build understanding in the business and health care communities about UC's impacts on California's economy and quality of life.
- President Yudof also has joined leaders of the CSU and community college systems at public policy forums linking economic competitiveness to the contributions of higher education, including recent summits sponsored by the Public Policy Institute of California and the Lumina Foundation.