UC Student Health Insurance Plan
UC SHIP is a student-focused health insurance package providing strong benefits for all enrolled University of California students at the following campuses: Hasting College of the Law, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, San Diego, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz.
Learn about UC SHIP and the ACA (pdf)
Check out UC SHIP! Tell me more about UC SHIP >
Click on the link above to go to the UC SHIP home page and learn about 2013-14 benefit enhancements and much more!
The UC SHIP website is hosted by Wells Fargo Insurance Services on behalf of the University of California.
Count on us
Ten great UC SHIP benefits...one less thing to worry about
- UC SHIP medical, counseling, and pharmacy benefits comply with Affordable Care Act requirements
- Comprehensive package includes: dental and vision coverage
- Affordable, dependable, and secure
- Coverage 365 days a year that goes with you when you travel
- Clinics conveniently located on campus and a 24/7 NurseLine
- Expert clinicians understand student health needs
- Dependents of covered students are eligible for coverage
- Never a pre-existing condition exclusion or waiting periods
- Services always private and confidential
- Knowledgeable insurance staff help students navigate the health care system
Four important facts
- All UC students are required to have medical insurance.
- All registered students at the campuses listed above are automatically enrolled in UC SHIP, charged to their tuition bill.
- If you have medical insurance that meets university criteria and you don't want to keep UC SHIP as dual coverage, you must submit a request to waive enrollment by your campus deadline.
- All students can use on-campus student health services, whether they have UC SHIP or not.