UC Student Health Insurance Plan
UC SHIP is a systemwide insurance plan providing excellent health care benefits for all enrolled students.
Check it out!
Click on the link below to go to the UC SHIP home page with links to each campus page, benefit plan information, FAQs, the privacy statement, and much more. New benefit enhancements for 2012-13 are now posted on the home page!
The UC SHIP website is hosted by Wells Fargo Insurance Services on behalf of the University of California.
Count on us
Ten great UC SHIP benefits...one less thing to worry about
- Comprehensive: medical, counseling, dental, and vision coverage in one package
- Affordable, dependable, and secure
- Coverage 365 days a year that goes with you when you travel
- Clinics conveniently located on campus and a 24/7 NurseLine
- Expert clinicians understand student health needs
- Dependents of students are eligible for coverage
- No pre-existing condition exclusions or waiting periods
- Services always private and confidential
- Knowledgeable insurance staff help students navigate the health care system
- Excellent stand-alone or dual-coverage option
Four important facts
- All UC students are required to have medical insurance.
- All registered students are automatically enrolled in UC SHIP, charged to their tuition bill.
- If you have medical insurance that meets university criteria and you don't want to keep UC SHIP as dual coverage, you must submit a request to waive enrollment by your campus deadline.
- All students can use on-campus student health services, whether they have UC SHIP or not.