Franklin Building: Emergency procedures
- Emergency Procedures - Quick Reference (pdf)
- Emergency Procedures Handbook (pdf)
- Emergency Supplies & Equipment (pdf)
- Floor Wardens (pdf)
AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)
The Franklin Building has an AED located in the elevator lobby on every floor (except on the 12th floor, where the AED is located in the hallway corridor opposite the men's restroom and kitchenette). An AED is also located in the 1st floor lobby opposite the security desk. In the event of a cardiac-related medical emergency (or unconscious/unresponsive person) – call 911– then send a runner to retrieve the nearest AED. Find a trained AED-CPR rescuer (rescuers can be identified by the "AED" sticker on their nameplate; see list of trained staff below). Also notify Security (987-9790) of the medical emergency.
Portable Oxygen Units
- Portable emergency oxygen units are mounted in the 1st Floor Lobby next to the AED; in the 5th Floor elevator lobby next to the AED; and in the 12th Floor kitchenette (#12012) opposite the AED.
- These units should be used to administer oxygen to someone having difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- The O2 units can also be used in conjunction with a CPR face mask or the bag valve mask (BVM) to resuscitate a non-breathing victim.