Research Policy Analysis and Coordination
The Research Policy Analysis and Coordination (RPAC) unit provides guidance and implementation assistance to campuses and other stakeholders regarding the development, interpretation and implementation of UC policies and external rules relating to the conduct of academic research. RPAC coordinates research policy issues on behalf of the system to support and advance research at the University of California.
- Developing sound, clear university policies that facilitate research while fostering compliance with applicable ethical, legal, and regulatory standards.
- Providing day-to-day guidance and implementation assistance on UC policies, state and federal laws and regulations governing research to address the needs of the university's rapidly changing scientific environment.
- Coordinating with the campuses and with the university's State and Federal Government Relations Offices to provide a strong, systemwide voice to shape research policy in local, state and national arenas.
- Serving as the systemwide resource on administration and negotiation of research agreements, provides systemwide leadership and representation on federal and state contracting issues; and serves as the contract and grant office for UCOP-administered research agreements.
- Providing systemwide coordination on research policy issues to create and promote implementation of best practices, to create efficiencies, and to help campuses benefit from being part of a strong system with distributed resources and expertise.