Research Grants Program Office
Call for proposals: UC Lab Fees Research Program
Next call for proposals to be announced
The University of California is pleased to offer a research opportunity funded by a portion of the management fees that the university receives for the management of the Los Alamos and Livermore national laboratories based on an annual performance evaluation. The annual net fee income for this opportunity is estimated to be approximately $18 million/year. Research funded under this program must:
- be either collaborations or complementary projects between University faculty, researchers, and students and researchers from Los Alamos and/or Livermore national laboratories;
- be related to the missions of the laboratories; and
- advance the research and training mission of UC.
This research opportunity is open to all fields, including physical sciences and engineering, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities. Applicants may request up to three years of funding.
See the documents below and our Frequently Asked Questions (pdf) (Updated 1/9/2012) for more information. Application materials provided below are for reference only. Applicants gain access to application templates through proposalCENTRAL once an LOI is approved.
Application instructions and templates for fall 2011 - Now closed
- Application Instructions (pdf)
- Proposal Narrative (pdf)
- Appendix List and attachments (pdf)
- Biosketch (pdf)
- Budget Justification (pdf)
- Budget Workbook (pdf)
- Project Participants (pdf)
Notice of intent
- Download the UC Lab Fees 2011 LOI Instructions (pdf)
- PI Letter/LOI submission due Tuesday, Dec 6, 2011 by 12pm/3pm ET (UPDATE: LOI deadline extended to Thursday, Dec 8)
Request for proposals
- Download the RFP (pdf)
- Proposal Submissions due Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 by 12pm/3pm ET