Supplier Registration & Sourcing FAQs
Frequently asked questions from RFx users
- Where can potential suppliers go to review my event information?
- How can users to see all RFx events for their campus?
- How can I verify that my RFx email communication was actually sent from the system to the suppliers?
- I created a Bid Envelope but when I review my event Summary, there is not a place to upload the document. What went wrong?
- Is there a maximum size limit for documents uploaded into the system?
- When I get an email notification that a supplier has submitted a question, how do I answer it in the system?
- Why is my RFx not showing on the list of bid opportunities for suppliers to see?
- If I import a Questions file into my RFx, will the import replace the questions already there or add them to the list?
- When a supplier bid has been awarded, does the system automatically notify the supplier?
- Is there a way to “undo” if you accidentally delete an RFx?
Supliers can view events on the supplier portal in the UC Supplier Registration & Sourcing system. The portal can also be used for existing suppliers to manage their company profile, and for new supplier registration: https://suppliers.sciquest.com/UCOP.2. How can users see all RFx events for their campus?
From the top menu bar select Sourcing Director > RFX Explorer. On the RFx list page click the button to Show Filter Options. Delete the name in the Creator/Contact/User field and click the button to Apply Filter. This will show all of the RFx events in the campus folder.
Locate the desired RFx and select Action > Communications. On the RFx Communications page there are tabs for All Messages, Messages to Suppliers and Messages to Buyers. Under each tab, there is a button to Display Email Reports where you can review a history of all communication.
Creating a bid envelope is a two-step process. First you must add the envelope, give it a name (Description) and Save.
After you save the envelope description, you must select Manage > Upload Description and provide details for the upload and the specific file type you wish to receive (.doc, .pdf, etc.). You may select one or multiple file types for upload. If you do not specify a file type, all document formats can be uploaded by the supplier.
Yes. The maximum size for a single uploaded document is 200mb. There is currently no limit to the total size of all documents uploaded.
To access the Supplier Q&A Board, log into the system and select Sourcing Director > RFx Explorer from the top menu bar. Locate your event in the RFx list and select Action > Communications. Select the Q&A tab to answer supplier questions or submit questions of your own.
On the RFx configuration page, if the External Visibility is set to “Private,” the event will not show up on the external site. You can modify the event by selecting Action > Edit RFx and changing the visibility to “Public” so it will be visible to suppliers on the public site.
Questions imported into your RFx will appear at the bottom of the list of existing questions. If you want the imported file to replace the existing questions, you must delete the existing questions by removing each section header individually. Removing the header will delete all questions in the section.
No. The buyer must initiate the communication in the system using the Apparent Awardee or Non-Award email templates. From the top menu bar select Email > Batch Email to Suppliers and Select Email Template: RFX Apparent Awardee Notification or RFX Non-Award Notification.
No, once you delete an RFx, you will not be able to restore it.