FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, Dec. 10, 2004
University of California Office of the President
NOTICE OF MEETING
This is a Notice of a Special Meeting of the University of California Board of Regents on Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2004, to consider the appointment and compensation for a new chancellor of the Santa Cruz campus. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. in closed session, will be held via teleconference.
Media and the public may attend the open-session portion of the meeting, estimated to begin at approximately 4:30 p.m. (earlier if the preceding closed session concludes earlier than expected), at the following locations:
- 1111 Franklin St., Room 5230, Oakland
- 909 Montgomery St., San Francisco
- 777 California Avenue, Palo Alto
- James E. West Alumni Center, UCLA
- 700 S. Flower St., Suite 300, Los Angeles
- 5123 Cheadle Hall, UC Santa Barbara
- 1130 K St., Suite 340, Sacramento
- 2220 Lodgepole Circle, Modesto
- 3350 Deer Park Drive, Suite A, Stockton
- 2223 Avenida de la Playa, La Jolla
- 501 S. Alta Avenue, Dinuba
The regents will meet in closed session to discuss personnel matters. [Education Code § 92032(b)(7)].
There will be a media availability with President Dynes and the new chancellor following the regents’ meeting. Details, including the conference call-in number, will follow on Monday, Dec. 13.
The meeting agenda is available at: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/regents/regmeet/dec14.html
# # #
For more information about the Regents and the University of California:
For more information about UC Santa Cruz: http://www.ucsc.edu