FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESIDENT DYNES NAMES ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR NEW UC SANTA CRUZ CHANCELLOR
University of California President Robert C. Dynes has named a 15-member committee to advise him in the search for the next chancellor of the UC Santa Cruz campus.
On April 1, M.R.C. Greenwood, former chancellor of UC Santa Cruz, became UC's provost and senior vice president--academic affairs. Martin Chemers is acting chancellor for the Santa Cruz campus.
The committee members will be:
- Susan Gillman, professor of literature, UC Santa Cruz;
- Lawrence Pitts, chair, Universitywide Academic Senate;
- Stephen Thorsett, professor of astronomy and astrophysics, UC Santa Cruz;
- Eugene Switkes, professor of chemistry, UC Santa Cruz;
- Jodie Holt, professor and department chair, botany and plant sciences, UC Riverside;
- Odessa Johnson, dean emerita, Modesto Junior College and a UC regent;
- Joanne C. Kozberg, former secretary of the state Consumer Services Agency and a UC regent;
- George M. Marcus, founder and chairman of Marcus & Millichap and a UC regent;
- Peter Preuss, president of The Preuss Foundation Inc. and a UC regent;
- David Lee, chairman, eOn Communications Corp. and a UC regent;
- Mateo Reyes, undergraduate student, UC Santa Cruz;
- Susanne Altermann, graduate student, UC Santa Cruz;
- Kenneth A. Feingold, trustee, UC Santa Cruz Foundation;
- Ken Doctor, UC Santa Cruz Alumni Association;
- Ed Titus, telecommunications manager, UC Santa Cruz;
Ex officio members of the selection committee include:
- Dynes, convener of the committee;
- John J. Moores, chairman of JMI Services Inc. in San Diego and chairman of the UC Board of Regents.
Joseph P. Mullinix, UC senior vice president--business and finance, and Linda Morris Williams, UC associate president, will serve as consultants to the committee.
Dynes hopes to bring a recommendation on a candidate to the UC Board of Regents in early fall.
# # #
For more news and information about the University of California, please visit:
Send comments or questions
about this web site to one of the webmasters