Office of Loan Programs
About the Office of Loan Programs
We design, deliver and manage housing assistance programs for recruitment and retention of faculty and senior managers in support of the education, research, and public service missions of the University of California.
The Office of Loan Programs strives to maintain superior customer satisfaction by:
- Providing timely, accurate and cost-effective mortgage products and services in compliance with University policy and governmental regulations.
- Researching and evaluating new mortgage product alternatives and providing analysis of proposed programs
- Evaluating mortgage industry processes and related technological changes to continually improve services
- Providing staff training and development opportunities
- Providing initial training and ongoing program support for campus lending representatives
- Providing policy structure and guidance for campus For-Sale Housing developments
- Performing periodic surveys and audits to assess overall success
- Providing status and accountability reports to management
In addition to providing the direct lending services for MOP (the Mortgage Origination Program) and SHLP (the Supplemental Home Loan Program), the Office provides policy oversight and consultations to campus personnel regarding individual loan applications as well as financial analysis and consultations for individual borrowers to assist them in making decisions regarding loan qualifications.