Information Technology Services
Application Infrastructure and Database Administration
The Application Infrastructure Group (AIG) provides "middleware" services—such as Java, Websphere, J2EE, and WebFOCUS—that enable operating systems to interact with Web-based applications that support University business functions. Examples of applications the unit supports are At Your Service Online, Effort Reporting, applyUC, and corporate data warehouses. AIG has assumed responsibility for quality assurance, which involves development and implementation of a standardized set of procedures to test releases of middleware and applications before they "go live" in the production environment.
In addition, the unit administers databases housed on the mainframe and Unix/Linux platforms. A number of Universitywide systems utilize these databases, including the Payroll/Personnel System, the UC Retirement System, applyUC, At Your Service Online, the Effort Reporting System, and the various corporate systems.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain system software
- Architect, install, configure middleware solutions
- Develop and document quality assurance processes
- Evaluate and install tools to assist with deployment, troubleshooting, and support
- Coordinate solutions with application systems managers and business owners