Information Technology Services
Microsoft Software for Home Use
UCOP employees are eligible to participate in the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) under the UC Microsoft Consolidated Campus Agreement (MCCA). Per the terms of the agreement, employees may acquire a licensed copy of Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio for Windows, or Microsoft Office for Macintosh, for $9.95 each to install and use on their personally owned home computer. Employees may install the same license on one desktop computer and one laptop computer; however, only one copy may be in use at any given time. Software purchased under this program may be used for personal purposes and is not restricted to work use.
How to Order or Request Support
All support issues or questions about this program or the associated products should be directed to Microsoft Customer Support. ITS is not responsible for assisting with the download, installation, or use of these products.
The Home Use Program is available to all current UCOP employees. Contractors are not eligible to purchase the software. Employees may continue using HUP software while employed at UCOP and as long as UC continues to participate in the MCCA program and license Microsoft Office, Project or Visio. If employees leave UC employment, they must delete the programs from their personal computers.
$9.95 for each program title. Language packs are also available at an additional $9.95 each.
To purchase software through the Microsoft Home Use Program:
- Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/.
- Click on the United States link.
- Enter your work email address (it must end in @ucop.edu) and insert the following unique program code: 4828A3A82F
- A link will be sent to the employee’s work email from
email@example.com. Employees should access
this link from their home computer to complete the process. If work email
cannot be accessed from home, the employee should forward the email containing
the link to a personal email box or copy the link for use when at home on a
Note: Program codes are assigned for the sole use of UCOP employees and must not be shared with anyone outside of UCOP. Doing so may cause Microsoft to terminate UC’s participation in the Home Use Program.
- From a home computer, navigate to the link and place the order online, using a personal credit/debit card, and then prepare to download the software. Important: For tax liability purposes, there is no option to buy a DVD, only electronic download is available.
- Follow the instructions to complete the software download and installation.