Information Technology Services
Laptop Loan Request Procedures
UCOP personnel may request a loaner laptop for occasional business needs, such as offsite business or presentations, for a minimum of one day and no more than seven days. Loaner laptops are Windows based machines that come with a standard suite of software, power adapter, 6' network cable, mouse, and carrying case.
- Laptops are loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis to UCOP personnel.
- It is recommended that laptops be reserved several days in advance to ensure availability.
- Pickup and drop off time is from 3 - 5 p.m. daily in Franklin 7101H.
- Laptops can only be borrowed for UC business purposes.
- Laptops are loaned for a minimum of one day and a maximum of seven days.
- Laptops must be returned by the due date so the TechDesk may prepare them for other customers.
- Customers are responsible for installing any non-standard software required.
- Customers must comply with the UC Electronic Communications Policy.
- Customers are responsible for costs associated with loss, theft, or damage to the laptop and/or accessories beyond normal wear and tear.