Information Technology Services
Install / Configuring Brown TN3270X
Brown TN3270 X 3.1.x has built-in support for SSL connections. Brown TN3270 X requires Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later (Mac OS X 10.2 or later is recommended for improved SSL support). Please download version 3.1.4 from here.
Please note: We are providing this information to facilitate connection to our mainframe system, but we do not support the software. Any problems with the installation or configuration process should be directed to your campus desktop support group.Instructions for installing
- Download and install TN3270 X 3.1.4.
- Start TN3270 X.
- From the "File" menu, select "New Session".
- Enter "uccmvsb.ucop.edu" for Host Name, provide a Window Title, and click the "Special" icon.
- Enter "992" for Port number, select "SSL", and click "OK".
- Click "Open Connection" to connect to MVS.
- The padlock icon verifies that your session is SSL encrypted.
- From the "File" menu, select "Save Settings As..." to save your session settings.