Information Technology Services
iLinc Desktop Web Conferencing
iLinc is a desktop, Web-based videoconference service. It integrates video, desktop, application sharing, and other collaborative capabilities, and enables meeting leaders to include up to 50 participants.
The service itself is free of charge. However, each user must purchase or have access to a Webcam, and establish a ReadyTalk audio conferencing account. Specifications for cameras as well as system requirements are listed in the iLinc FAQ.
The service is accessed via UCOP’s dedicated iLinc Web site.
How to Request Service
Send an e-mail to TechDesk to request an iLinc account. The account will be activated within 3-5 business days. The customer will receive a confirmation e-mail that includes information about the account and the link to the iLinc Web site. If requested, the TechDesk will assist customers with installing the Webcam.
How to Use iLinc
iLinc meeting leaders should review the FAQ and learn how to use the product in advance of any meeting. This will go a long way toward ensuring the meeting is successful.
- Leader Reference Quick Start Guide (pdf)
- Participant Reference Quick Start Guide (pdf)
- Training for Session Leaders
- Knowledge Base
- Best Practices Webinars
The vendor is responsible for providing technical assistance.
- Contact iLinc support at 1-800-799-4510, between 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET, Mon. – Fri., except major holidays
- Reference “University of California Office of the President,” and provide the Session Name when requesting help with an active iLinc session.