Information Technology Services
Identity and Access Management
Identity and access management allows for accurate identification of members of campus communities, allowing appropriate authorized and authenticated access to University electronic information resources. Business and Finance Bulletin IS-11, Identity and Access Management sets forth University guidelines for campus identity and access management programs.
Campus identity and access management programs may address a range of issues regarding:
- accurate identification of members of campus communities,
- accurate and timely information about campus community members,
- reduction of redundant and vulnerable identity data repositories,
- protection of personal information in enterprise directories from unauthorized access or exposure,
- reduction of administrative overhead to create, update, and delete individual accounts for access to network-based services,
- authorization and authentication infrastructure, protocols, and interfaces that support secure access to online services, and
- maintenance of records that ensure auditable and legally compliant tracking of access to online services.
See IS-11 for specific guidelines.