Information Technology Services
UC Information Technology Policy and Security (ITPS) will focus on major challenges, legal and policy issues, and campus security programs, and is charged to:
- advise the ITLC on major challenges arising from current and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities to University electronic information resources;
- monitor and report emerging legislation that impacts protection of information resources;
- propose University policy regarding security to comply with state and federal law and to address identified threats and vulnerabilities;
- recommend appropriate technical controls to promulgate consistent strategies to safeguard electronic information resources on their campuses and throughout UC; and
- foster immediate and secure sharing of sensitive protection, incident, and response information through a trusted collaborative environment.