Systemwide Human Resources
UC Women’s Initiative for Professional Development (UC WI)
- UC WI is an experiential professional development program for women designed to elevate women in leadership, establish a pipeline for advancement, and contribute to women’s and UC's success.
Program Sponsors and Management
- UC WI is sponsored by Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW) and the UC Office of the President.
- Systemwide Talent Management administers program and coordinates nominations with locations.
- Mid-career, women staff and faculty/academic personnel from campuses, health centers, Agriculture and Natural Resources, and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, Office of the President, and UCPath Center.
- Women who have demonstrated potential for advancement.
- Each cohort includes 30 participants
- Each cohort program is comprised of 4 sessions over 4.5 days:
- First session of each cohort program being 1.5 days, remaining sessions will be 1 day each
- Final session of each cohort program will be a combined North & South capstone event and graduation that allows participants to make systemwide connections
- Each session will be led by a CORO and a UC Facilitator
- UC Facilitators will be certified in partnership with CORO through a "Train-the-Trainer" process
- Facilitator nominations will be handled separately from the participant nomination process
- A request for nominees will be made directly to past UC WI graduates
2018 UC WI Program
Program Schedule and Nomination Timeline
- 2018 Nomination and Selection Process: October – November 2017
- 2018 UC WI Program Dates by Cohort:
- Cohort 1: January – March 2018, Graduation in March 2018
- Cohort 2: April – June 2018, Graduation in June 2018
- Cohort 3: September – November 2018, Graduation in November 2018
- Nomination Submissions Due: October 31, 2017
- One nomination request in Fall 2017 for participants and alternates will be made for all six 2018 programs
- Each UC location may define their own internal nomination process, please contact your location Human Resources office for more information before submitting an online nomination
- UC Locations determine allotted participant and alternate nominations for all three 2018 Cohorts
- Submit 2018 nominations using the online UC WI Nomination Form
|September 29, 2017||Call for All 2018 Cohort Nominations Opens|
|September 29 – October 31, 2017||Location Nomination Process Takes Place|
|October 31, 2017, 5:00 pm||Participant and Alternate Nominations
For All 2018 Cohorts Due
|November – December, 2017||Selected Participant Notification from Systemwide
Participant cohort preference identification
|January 16, 2018||North Cohort 1 Begins|
|January 24, 2018||South Cohort 1 Begins|
Participant Nomination Criteria
- Women in mid-career, who demonstrate the potential to advance in their careers at UC
- Current staff or faculty/academic personnel
- Representative of the diversity at your UC location
- Representative of different functions and departments at your location
- Able to commit to the program with full participation at all sessions
- Have the commitment and support by nominating sponsor and/or manager that participant will complete pre-work and pre-program survey before first day of program, Up to 2 hours of additional intersession work; and attend all sessions (4.5 days), and graduation.
2018 Participant Costs
- $1750/participant program fee covers all program materials and facilitation fees.
- The participant's UC location is responsible for covering all travel related costs. Participants manage their own travel arrangements and submit travel reimbursements to their location/department using the established location Travel & Entertainment procedures.
|Agriculture & Natural Resources*||2||1||9||Agriculture & Natural Resources*||2||1||9|
|Berkeley Lab||2||1||9||Irvine Health||2||1||9|
|Davis Health||2||1||9||Los Angeles Health||2||1||9|
|Merced||4||2||18||Office of the President*||2||1||9|
|Office of the President*||2||1||9||Riverside||4||2||18|
|San Francisco||4||2||18||San Diego||4||2||18|
|San Francisco Health*||2||1||9||San Diego Health||2||1||9|
|Santa Cruz||4||2||18||Santa Barbara||4||2||18|
*Employee's primary office is located respectively in either North or South