This web site has been created for the sole use of the participating campus contacts for the recruitment of eligible students.
The California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education is an all-day program designed to provide first-generation, low-income, and other students from underserved populations with a wealth of information about the career and academic opportunities associated with advanced study in a wide range of disciplines.
The purpose of the Forum is to increase the flow of students from underserved groups into the advanced-level degree programs from which California's colleges and universities will draw their faculty of the future.
Below you will find information to assist in your recruitment efforts:
- Who to invite criteria: Word - PDF
- Sample Invitation Letter #1: Word - PDF
- Sample Invitation Letter #2: Word - PDF
- Sample Internal Tracking Form: Word - PDF
- Sample Liability Release Form: PDF
(Please consult your campus resources for the appropriate release form for your institution.)
- Tentative Agenda: Word - PDF
- Program At-A-Glance: Word - PDF
- Workshop/Panel Descriptions: Word - PDF
- Institutions Attending Grad Fair: PDF
- Bus Payment Information: Word - PDF
- Directions to the Event (Bus): PDF
- Directions to the Event (Student): PDF
- Campus Map
- Local Hotels
(A listing of local hotels for students who choose to stay overnight. Forum will not pay for hotel expenses.)
- Event Flyer: Word - PDF
- Sample Student Handout: Word
- Sample Questions to Ask Recruiters: Word - PDF
- Event Video - 2012 San Diego State
(This video, produced by SDSU Communications Office, discusses the history of the Forum and provides an overview of the day. Voiceover by Director of Graduate Studies at UC Office of the President, Pamela D. Jennings.)
- Event Video – 2011 University of San Francisco
(This video, produced EOP Advisor Luis Vega, Sonoma State University, shows “A Day at the Forum” from the perspective of student attendees.)
At the student registration website, you will be able to monitor the students who have registered to attend the Forum from your campus. Click on the link below to monitor student attendance. Once there, enter your first initial and your last name in the “user name” area. By now, you should have received a temporary password, which you should change after your first login. If you forgot your username or password, click on the “Forgotten your user name or password?” link and one will be sent to you via e-mail.
Link to monitor student attendance: http://www.ucop.edu/diversityforum/index.php?op=logout
Link to student registration website: http://www.ucop.edu/diversityforum/
Deadline to register for Forum is Friday, April 12, 2013 or sooner if we reach capacity.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact anyone on the Student Participation Committee:
Northern California Forum: Roster
Southern California Forum: Roster
Ms. Jesus "Chuy" Verdugo
Cal Poly Pomona
Get a free copy of Adobe Reader.