Federal Governmental Relations
Director, Science and Technology
Marjorie Duske joined the UC FGR as Director of Science and Technology in April, 2011. Marjorie leads the three-member FGR team responsible for advocacy on appropriations, legislation and regulatory policies that affect the UC research enterprise. A Congressional staff veteran, Marjorie has extensive experience on Capitol Hill, including nearly 15 years working with the House Appropriations Committee.
Prior to joining UC FGR, Marjorie was deputy staff director for the House Appropriations Committee and chief of staff for U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar. Marjorie received a B.A., magna cum laude in English literature from Augsburg College in Minnesota and conducted graduate studies in environmental and public policy at the University of Minnesota.
Marjorie is responsible for:
- Research Funding and Appropriations (overall)
- Science, Technology, and Research Policy (including indirect cost recovery, misconduct, use of animals, export controls, A-110, A-21, Office of Science and Technology Policy, President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology)
- Department of Commerce (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy/ National Nuclear Security Administration
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Interior (Water Research Institutes, US Geological Survey)
- Department of Homeland Security