Enterprise Risk Management
Dashboards and Key Performance Indicators
The UCOP Office of Risk Services is actively developing and updating KPI dashboards both at the systemwide and campus levels. The table below identifies those dashboards that have been completed or are currently in development.
Dashboard Descriptions (pdf)
Viewing the Dashboards
- To view a dashboard, click on the ERM Dashboard tab, open Cognos Public Folders, and select a dashboard name. To find a dashboard, use the top right navigation buttons to move through the list pages.
- Once in a dashboard, click the blue hyperlinks to reach the desired scorecard or KPI. In the IBM Cognos Viewer, you can navigate through the scorecards and KPIs by clicking the tabs on the top menu bar.
- Once in a scorecard or KPI, click the blue hyperlinks in the tables (if available) in order to drill-down to more specific information.
- Some tables allow you to view the KPI in chart form in a different window by clicking the View Chart link.
- KPI views can be customized by selecting the Report View (Monthly, Quarterly, or Fiscal Year).
- Other sortable features are found in the Report Parameters box on the right side of the screen.
- To refresh the KPI with your selections, click the Update button found at the bottom of the Report Parameters box.
- If you’d like more information on a KPI, you can click the Data Dictionary button in the top right corner.
- The icons on the top menu bar provide several functions. Through the Keep the version button, you can email or save the report. Through Add this report button, you can add it to My Folders in the MMR Portal.
- Through the icon marked “HTML”, you can view the report in HTML, PDF, XML, or Excel.
- While a report is running, you can click the link “Select a delivery method” to have Cognos email it to you.
Requesting new KPI Dashboards
The Office of Risk Services has developed an ERMIS KPI Request Form (doc) to assist users in identifying new dashboards that will assist them in better managing their risks. Once the form is completed and submitted to email@example.com, the requester will be contacted by a member of the ERMIS Development Team who will ask about additional functional requirements for the proposed KPI. The Office of Risk Services will review all requests and upon approval, IBM will begin the development process. As the KPI is being developed, the ERMIS Development Team will be in contact to make sure that the KPI dashboard meets the functional requirements of the users.
The process is intended to be very simple and require a minimal amount of time on the part of the requestor.