The Art of Prequalification and UC's CM@Risk
Two Workshops in One Day: Prequalification and CM@Risk
We are offering a seminar with a day covering Art of Prequalification and a primer for Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) delivery method. This is a continuation of CPI’s commitment to provide training sessions related to advanced project delivery methods and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
As in typical CPI form, you will hear from experienced UC professionals speaking on CM@Risk benefits, lessons learned, its value within IPD, and advice on managing the project team. The same class will discuss pre-qualification techniques as it applies to any contract delivery method. And because pre-qualification finesse doesn’t always get you to your ideal contractor, we’ll pull in some Best Value contractor selection material. Kip Baker from UCLA and Chris McGuire from UCB will provide their expertise on the Art of Prequalification in the morning. Chris Hornbeck from UCOP, Sandra Beck from UCB and Jim Gillie from UCSD along with some of our OGC attorneys (Holly St. John and Steve Morrell) will present on using the CM@Risk delivery method.
This program will be held in Oakland on October 23, 2013 and at UCLA on October 30, 2013 at the cost of $50.
- 8:00 Introduction – Registration, Snack and Networking
- 8:30 The Art of Prequalification – Kip Baker and Chris McGuire
- 10:15 CM@Risk: Overview and Planning-Chris Hornbeck, Sandra Beck and Jim Gillie
- 1:00 CM@Risk: Implementation and Legal Issues-Steve Morrell, Holly St.John, Sandra Beck, Jim Gillie and Chris Hornbeck
- 3:00 Panel discussion – All Participants.
Location Information:Registration Form The Northern California session is sold out! If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please contact Emily Montan at 510-987-9287.