RD1.3: Assignment Agreement (Assignment, General Contract - Completed Example)
When the concept of assigning contracts to the contractor is used, place an Assignment Agreement, similar to the sample agreement that follows, into the contract. (Text in italics is supplied to create a more realistic model.)
TITLE AND LOCATION OF THE WORK:
Cory Hall Fifth-Floor Addition and Alterations for Computer-Aided Design
Account No. 912401
Phase 1b Structural Steel
NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE UNIVERSITY FACILITY
The Regents of the University of California
Oakland, CA 94612
NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE EXECUTIVE DESIGN PROFESSIONAL
Joan T. Architect
300 Professional Square, Suite 101
Berkeley, CA 94720
NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE CONTRACTOR:
The Builders Company
2001 Oakdale Avenue
Oakland, CA 94613
Cory Hall Phase 1b Structural Steel
THIS AGREEMENT, made and entered onto this fourth day of March, 1994, by The Builders Company (Phase 2 Contractor), a California Partnership, hereafter referred to as "Contractor," and THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, a California corporation, hereinafter referred to as "University."
- On February 27, 1984, University tendered to Sacramento Steel (Phase 1b Contractor), a corporation, hereinafter referred to as Subcontractor, a construction contract for Phase 1b Structural Steel, for Cory Hall Fifth-Floor Addition and Alterations for Computer-Aided Design, which was executed by Subcontractor on February 27, 1984. A copy of the foregoing Phase 1b Contract is attached hereto as EXHIBIT "A" and shall be incorporated herein by reference; and
- On May 8, 1984, University and Contractor entered into a construction contract for Phase 2, General Construction, Cory Hall Fifth-Floor Addition and Alterations for Computer-Aided Design; and
- Said contract required the Contractor to accept an assignment of the University's rights, duties, and obligations under the Phase 1b Contract.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the promises and acts contained therein, the parties agree with each other as follows:
- Contractor hereby assumes responsibility for and agrees to perform all the duties of University under the Phase 1b Contract attached as EXHIBIT "A."
- University hereby assigns and transfers to Contractor all of its rights under said Phase 1b Contract including all liabilities and responsibilities of any kind to University which may have existed, exist, or may arise under said Phase 1b Contract. Contractor accepts all liabilities and obligations.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement the day and year first above written.
THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
By: James Johnson
Assistant Vice Chancellor Administration
The Builders Company
By: Clancey Wall