> Research Plan > Definitions
- Control Site
- Campus location retaining both print and digital access to Study
- Control Treatment
- In local collections, that have access to Print Study Titles
and to digital counterparts, no limit is placed on access to print or
- Digital Study Title
- Serial publication in digital format that has a print counterpart
and for which the University has a license for access.
- Experimental Site
- Campus location from where Print Study Titles are withdrawn.
- Experimental Treatment
- In local collections, which have access to Print Study Titles
and to the digital counterparts, access to print is limited by placing
titles in storage.
- Print Study Title
- Serial publication in print format that has a digital counterpart.
- Publisher or aggregator delivering Digital Study Titles
and supplying data on use.
- Storage Location
- Regional Library Facility or campus site which holds Study Titles
during Experimental Treatment.
- Study Title
- A serial publication for which the University has at least two or
more subscriptions, with similar holdings coverage, located at two or
more campuses and a license to access the digital counterpart.
- Study Title Piece
- A bound volume or unbound issue of a Study Title.
- Each request for a Print Study Title, either volume,
unbound issue or article copy from a Storage Location
and each instance of re-shelving of a volume or unbound issue at the
Control Site during the study period; for a Digital
Study Title uses reported by the Provider.
- All library patrons accessing either the print or digital versions
of the Study Titles including undergraduate and graduate
students, faculty, staff, other UC affiliated patrons and non-UC patrons
of the library.
<< Previous: Research Questions
| Next: Study Summary >>
Send your questions and comments to Gary.Lawrence@ucop.edu.
Last updated: May 21, 2002.