Business Resource Center
A payroll separation form (xlsx) is available to assist HR business partners with the separation process. A separation checklist (xlsx) is available for department personnel managers as a guide to the separation process.
The BRC Payroll Team will:
- Provide a letter for the separating employee (pdf) with benefits contacts
- Enter requisite data into EDB,
- Provide a copy of the separation IDOC for departmental records.
UCOP Benefits will contact CONEXIS, the provider of COBRA information to the separated employee.
At Your Service, Human Resources’ online employee self-service site, includes information for the separating employee including a Termination of Employment Benefits Checklist.
UCLA Payroll has a turnaround time of two working days for the processing of payroll checks outside of the normal pay cycle. Complete paperwork must be submitted to the BRC by 1 pm in order for the check to be available on the second day following. For example, for a check to be available on Friday, the request must be in the BRC by 11 am on Wednesday.
- For involuntary terminations without notice, a paper check must be given to the employee at the time of discharge. This does not include layoffs.
- For other terminations, the final check will be deposited directly into the employee’s bank account for employees using direct deposit for paychecks.