Business Resource Center
How to handle FedEx
If the department has completed a Blanket Authorization, then no additional signatures are required. If a Blanket Authorization has not been completed, please include authorizing signature of individual with fiscal responsibility along with your request - scan and attach.
To request a FedEx label, complete and paste the BRC template into an email to Team Blue, Team Gold or Team Purple. If the department does not use the template, it must provide all of the following information in an email request:
- The name, address and phone number of the addressee;
- The name and address that should appear in the “shipped from” portion of the label;
- Your department code;
- Your department’s Full Accounting Unit (FAU) to charge;
- Type of delivery (e.g., FedEx next day with indirect signature);
- Type of packaging (FedEx envelope is standard; if not, please provide the weight and dimensions).
BRC will enter the information into the BruinBuy system and produce a label which will be scanned and e-mailed back to you, in accordance with our service goals, same day if your request is received before 3:00.
Affix the FedEx label to your envelope and take to the FedEx drop box (keep a copy of the label if you wish to track delivery).
Drop box times:
- Franklin loading dock: 4:45 pm
- Kaiser - Kinkos/FedEx office: 4:45 pm
- Oakland City Center: Express east coast 5:30 pm
- Express west coast 7:00 pm Ground 6:00 pm