Building & Administrative Service Center
UCOP Mail services picks up and delivers mail for UCOP offices in Oakland once a day, Monday through Friday. The schedule for pick up from and delivery to mail stops in UCOP buildings is as follows:
- 1111 Franklin Building
11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Other Oakland locations: 1111 Broadway, 300 Lakeside (Kaiser Building), and 415 20th Street (OSF)
2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Daily mail pick-up & delivery locations include:
- Franklin Building - once per day
- UC Berkeley mail division – once per day
- Kaiser – once per day
- Treasury – once per day
- Lab Management – once per day
Outgoing mail also may be hand carried to the UCOP mail room, 1111 Franklin, Room 6315. Afternoon deadlines for dropping off outbound mail are listed below.
- 4:00: Expedited packet to UCLA Financial Services
- 4:30: Outgoing U.S. (metered) mail
- 4:30: Outgoing FedEx shipments
U.S. Mail and Inter-Office Mail
Mail Services provides postage metering for outgoing U.S. mail. A valid, four-digit mail code (also called "billing number") is required in the return address area for proper processing. Mail codes are required for items addressed to all campus and national lab locations with the exception of "campus mail" to UC Press, UCB, UCD, or LBNL. Mail to be included in the day's outgoing U.S. mail must reach the mail room (6th Floor, Franklin Building) before 4:30 p.m. Large mailings require extra processing time.
Mail codes are not required for "campus mail," which is UCOP inter-office mail addressed to UC Press, UCB, UCD, or LBNL. Pickup and delivery is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1:30 p.m., except on University holidays and UCOP closure dates.
UC mail services are for official University business and draw on limited University funding, so it is prohibited to send or receive personal mail through UCOP mail services. That includes monthly bills, merchandise packages, and correspondence unrelated to University business. The University is also not liable for damages to or theft of personal mail being delivered to UCOP.For alternative delivery options, see Personal Packages.
Outgoing Express Services:
- Mail Services provides outgoing expedited parcel shipment via UPS. Please contact Mail Services to obtain the appropriate forms.
- Mail Services collects and bundles rush items for UCLA Financial Services into one daily expedited shipment. Items must reach the mail room (6th Floor, Franklin Building) before 4:00 p.m. to be included in the day's shipment.
Incoming Express Services:
- Mail Services provides central receiving and distribution for most incoming expedited envelopes and parcels (e.g., from FedEx, UPS, DHL, U.S. Postal Express) addressed to 1111 Franklin.
- Expedited envelopes and parcels addressed to other Oakland locations are delivered directly to the addressee by the carriers. Packages must specify the addressee's name, department and floor number.
For hand delivery or messenger service, contact a commercial agency, such as Modern Express Courier.