Frequently asked questions

We teach AP Government and Politics as a yearlong course, but on our course list it is listed as a semester course. Will UC accept AP Government courses as yearlong courses?

UC faculty has approved the AP Government and Politics United States and AP Government and Politics Comparative curriculum to each only satisfy 0.5 units or one-half year of the “a” subject requirement. Students who take a yearlong AP Government course will only receive 0.5 units of “a” credit, but both semesters of the course must be taken to receive the 0.5 units.

Please contact the High School Articulation unit to have the length of your AP Government and Politics course changed from a semester to a year.