Welcome to the new ucop.edu
We've relaunched the online home for the University of California Office of the President with a new design, improved search, consistent navigation and a clearer picture of how the Office of the President is organized.
UCOP Communications and ITS began the collaborative effort to migrate and redesign the Office of the President online presence more than a year ago. We started by working to get a thorough understanding of the site's role and how it supports day-to-day communications and business operations. Our vision for the site is based on several goals:
- To demonstrate transparency and accountability by improving usability and relevance
- To improve organizational effectiveness by connecting audiences with relevant services and information
- To support and empower OP departments while reducing costs and dependencies on print materials
We worked with a selection of pilot departments to develop wireframes and refine the design, then began the long process of migrating all department content into a content management system. For the last several months, we've focused on refining the site and training content managers from each department.
- Explore resources — we have a project blog, a branding site and a set of frequently asked questions (docx) to help you navigate the change.
- Explore department sites: Use the footer or start from the home page and get to know the new site.
- Ask us! If you can't find something, discover a broken page or need help communicating to your campus colleagues, reach out to us. We'll do our best to help.